Chili Salsa Beef
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless beef sirloin
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 Tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove crushed (or garlic powder)
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Trim fat from beef and cut into 1 inch cubes. In a Dutch oven or electric skillet, heat oil over medium heat, add beef and brown evenly. Pour off drippings if necessary.
- Stir salsa, brown sugar, soy sauce, and garlic into beef. Bring to a boil; reduce to low. Cover tightly and simmer 30 minutes. Remove cover; continue cooking uncovered.
- Remove from heat; stir in chopped cilantro and lime juice. Spoon beef mixture over rice; garnish with cilantro sprigs if desired.
"I grew up on a farm and never saw myself living anywhere else. I wanted my kids to grow up with a sense of stewardship to the land and livestock that we produce." - Karna Dam, Hooper, NE
Karna's Beef Tip: When you have time, cook up several pounds of hamburger and portion it out into freezer bags. That way when you come home late from work and need to make supper, you can quickly throw together tacos, casserole, homemade pizza, etc. Be sure to write on the bag how many pounds of hamburger is in each bag.