- 1 pound Ground Beef (96% lean)
- 1/2 cup water, divided
- 4 teaspoons taco seasoning mix, divided
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 2-1/2 cups)
- 1-1/2 cups diced yellow onions
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup plain nonfat Greek-style yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 8 small corn tortillas, warmed (optional)
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 1/2-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Remove drippings.
- Stir in 1/4 cup water and 2 teaspoons taco seasoning; cook 3 minutes. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- Combine sweet potatoes, onions, remaining 1/4 cup water and remaining 2 teaspoons taco seasoning in same skillet. Bring water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10 minutes, stirring once.
- Remove lid; stir in oil; continue cooking, uncovered, 4 to 6 minutes or until potatoes are tender and begin to brown, stirring frequently.
- Return beef mixture to skillet; continue to cook 2 to 4 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Combine yogurt and hot sauce, as desired, in small bowl. Serve beef mixture as-is or divide evenly into tortillas. Garnish with cilantro and top with yogurt mixture, as desired.